Asparagus and Potato Quinoa Salad with Orange Parsley Dressing2280
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Serving Size 236 g|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 160 mg|
|Protein 11 g|
- 1 lb Idaho® Red French Fingerling Potatoes
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 3 chives, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh orange zest
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place almonds on a baking sheet; toast for 8-10 minutes or until fragrant and golden brown. Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
- In a large pot, boil 2 cups of water. Add quinoa, cover and reduce to medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat; fluff quinoa with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- Cut asparagus into ½-inch pieces; add to a large bowl with cooked quinoa. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk honey, orange juice, sea salt, pepper and oil. Carefully pour over quinoa and asparagus mixture; gently toss to combine. Top with parsley, chives and orange zest.
- Serve chilled.