Baked Idaho® Potato With Broccoli and Salsa2346
Download Hi-Res Image »
Photo courtesy of Laura Kurella, LauraKurella.com
|Makes: 1 serving|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 16 mg|
|Sodium 504 mg|
|Protein 21 gf|
The next time you’re baking potatoes, bake an extra to make this filling lunch dish. Then just reheat the potato in the microwave oven and fill as directed. Or you could micro-bake the potato instead. Scrub and poke it in several places with a fork. Microwave on high power for 5 to 7 minutes, until it feels soft when gently squeezed. The potato needs to stand for a minute or two before filling; use that time to micro-cook the broccoli.
- 1 medium (5- to 6-ounce) Idaho® Russet baking potato, baked or microwaved
- ¼ cup salsa
- ¼ cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup grated carrots
- 1 cup steamed small broccoli florets
- Reheat the potato, if necessary, in the microwave.
- Cut a long slit in the top of the potato and press the ends in toward the center. With a fork, mash the potato pulp slightly.
- Add the salsa, cheese, sour cream, and pepper to taste, and mash to mix. Mix in the carrots.
- Spoon the broccoli into the potato and serve.