Bangers and Skin-On Mashed Potatoes
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 96 British Bangers
- 5 lbs Idaho® Russet potatoes
- 3 cups Half-and-half
- To taste Salt & pepper
- 7½ cups Mushroom gravy
- As needed Scottish-style sweet and spicy mustard
- Parboil sausages until done (about 15 minutes). Reserve warm.
- Wash potatoes. Boil or steam, skin on, 45 minutes or until done. Drain.
- Mash potatoes by hand in hotel pan with half-and-half, salt and pepper. Reserve warm.
- Grill sausages until brown, turning constantly, about 5 minutes
- To serve: Plate 4 sausages with 4 oz. Scoop of mashed potatoes. Top with 2½ oz. Mushroom gravy. Serve with mustard for dipping, and salad or vegetables.