Breakfast Potato Boats
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 448 mg|
|Sodium 325 mg|
|Protein 19 g|
You’ll be on the receiving end of a sea of compliments when you serve our easy Breakfast Potato Boats. This hearty version of stuffed potato skins made from all-American Idaho® Russet potatoes is super for breakfast, brunch or even a light dinner.
- 2 large Idaho® Russet potatoes (12-14 ounces each, cut lengthwise)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled cooked bacon
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 scallions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Scrub potato and pierce skin several times with a fork.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 55 to 65 minutes, or until tender. Let cool 5 minutes, then slice in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp, leaving ¼ inch thick shell.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat, scramble eggs until firm.
- Evenly divide eggs into potato halves and sprinkle with tomatoes, bacon, cheese and scallions. Place on baking sheet and heat in oven 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Notes: Save the scooped out potato and mash with a bit of butter, salt, and pepper. Then simply pan-fry it for a double bonus.