Briazz Potato Stackzz1395
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 6 pounds Idaho® potatoes, washed, peeled
- 1 – 2 pounds leeks, cleaned, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces butter
- 2⅛ quarts mustard sauce
- 1½ pounds white Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 quarts medium white or béchamel sauce
- 4 ounces whole grain mustard
- 2 ounces vegetable base
- 1 – 2 tablespoons salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 2″ deep hotel pan (12″x 20″). Slice potatoes ⅛” – ¼” thick. Place in large pot, cover with cold water, bring to boil and simmer until barely tender, 7 – 10 minutes. Alternately, blanch by steaming until barely tender. Air-cool potatoes spread out on sheet pan, 10 – 15 minutes. Meanwhile, sweat leeks in butter until softened, about 7 minutes. Have mustard sauce ready. To assemble gratin, layer ¼ of potatoes, ¼ of sauce, ¼ of leeks, ¼ of cheese in hotel pan. Repeat this process to create 4 layers. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 35 – 45 minutes to an internal temperature of 175°F. Remove cover; bake 15 minutes until golden brown. Hold at 200°F for up to one hour, or chill quickly and slice to heat later.