Broccoli-Shrimp Stuffed Idaho® Potatoes
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: 2 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 124 mg|
|Sodium 696 mg|
|Protein 25 g|
Turn a fluffy Idaho® potato into a meal by stuffing it with broccoli florets and shrimp.
- 2 large Idaho® potatoes
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ⅓ cup fresh or frozen cooked shrimp, or 1 (6-ounce) can shrimp, drained
- 2 teaspoons diced pimiento (optional)
- Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Wrap each potato in a microwave-safe paper towel; arrange potatoes 1 inch apart. Microwave on HIGH 6 – 8 minutes, turning and rearranging once; let stand 2 minutes. With a fork, pierce the skin in the form of a cross. Press the ends of the potato toward the center, lifting and fluffing the meat of the potato.
- Combine broccoli and onion in a 9-inch microwave-safe pie plate; cover and microwave on HIGH 3 – 4 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- Combine chicken broth, soy sauce, vinegar and cornstarch in a 4-cup glass measuring cup, microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 2 – 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce over broccoli; stir in cooked shrimp and pimiento. Spoon mixture over potatoes.
Estimated Cost per Serving*: 3.50 *The Estimated Cost per Serving is a calculated estimate based on a national food average and assumes the preparer already has ingredients like salt, pepper, cooking oils, assorted spices/condiments and other traditional staples readily available in the home kitchen.