Chef Ann Cooper’s Spanish Tortilla
Download Hi-Res Image »
From Chef Cooper’s cookbook, LUNCH LESSONS: Changing the Way We Feed Our Children, HarperCollins, 2006; by permission of the author.
- 1 lb. potatoes, peeled
- 1 large onion, diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5 eggs
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Slice potatoes as thin as possible and dry with a paper towel.
- In a large sauté pan heat oil over medium heat and sauté onions until translucent; add potatoes, turning frequently for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Beat eggs until foamy and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour eggs over potatoes, cover, lower heat and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until bottom is golden brown.
- Flip and cook another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into wedges and serve.