Chicken and Potato Piccata
Download Hi-Res Image »
Photo courtesy of Christina Wennstrom
|Makes: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 99 mg|
|Sodium 213 g|
|Protein 44 g|
- 1⅓ lbs (4 medium) Idaho® Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 4 (6 ounces each) boned and skinned chicken breast halves
- ¼ cup chicken broth or bouillon
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pierce potatoes with tines of fork; micro-bake on HIGH 6 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes; cut into ½-inch chunks.
- Spray a 12-inch nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray; heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Place potatoes in skillet cut sides down; cook, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown.
- Mix in onions, 1 tablespoon each of the lemon juice and peel, and the basil; cook and toss 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Spray skillet once again with vegetable cooking spray; heat skillet over medium heat and add chicken. Cook about 10 minutes until chicken juices run clear, turning once. Raise heat to medium-high; deglaze skillet with broth, scraping up any bits left on bottom of pan; stir in parsley and the remaining 2 tablespoons juice and 1 tablespoon peel.
- Season with salt and pepper. Return potatoes to skillet; toss to heat through.
13.4% calories from fat.