Download Hi-Res Image »
- 3 cups Frozen, shredded Idaho Hash Brown Potatoes
- ½ cup Mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup Green Onions, sliced
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 1 (12-oz.) Can Evaporated Milk
- Salt and pepper
- Monterey Jack Cheese with Jalapeno peppers, grated for garnish
- Grease 2qt. Square baking dish. Arrange potatoes evenly in the bottom of the dish.
- Lightly sauté mushrooms. Sprinkle potatoes with cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes and green onions.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, pepper, and salt. Pour egg mixture over potato mixture in dish. Sprinkle grated Monterey Jack with Jalapeno peppers on top as a “last” layer. Dish should be covered and refrigerated at this point for several hours or overnight.
- Bake uncovered, in a 350-degree oven for 50-55 minutes, or until center appears set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.