Crisp Potatoes with Gorgonzola
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 16 lbs. Idaho® French-fries, cross-cut
- Gorgonzola sauce (see below)
- 12 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- ⅓ cups chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons cracked pepper
- 6 lbs. whole butter
- 1-1/2 lbs. flour
- 2 gallons whipping cream
- 12 oz. Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Deep fry French Fries at 350°F.-360°F. until very crisp.
- Place 10 oz. cooked and drained fries (approximately 16 oz. uncooked) on serving plate and drizzle with 3 oz. Gorgonzola Sauce.
- Garnish with ¾ oz. crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, 1 teaspoon cracked pepper Serve immediately. (Sauce can be served on the side as pictured.)
- Melt butter slowly in large saucepan.
- Gradually whisk in flour to make roux. Cook for 4-5 minutes over low heat.
- Whisk in cream, blending until roux is incorporated into the cream. Heat to 170°F.
- Combine 1 quart of sauce with 12 oz. Gorgonzola cheese, reserving remaining sauce. (remaining sauce should be chilled in ice bath, then refrigerated for later use.)
- Blend together and heat to 170°F. Keep sauce warm until ready for use.