Crispy Southwest Home Fries With Fresh Fruit Salsa1050
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 147 mg|
|Sodium 93 mg|
|Protein 6.5 g|
“Southern style” Idaho® hashbrowns teamed with colorful peppers and chopped onion is a light, flavorful and filling dish any time of day.
- 3 cups “Southern Style” frozen Idaho® potato hashbrowns, thawed
- Cooking spray
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten (or 6 egg whites, if desired)
- ⅓ cup each, chopped red, green and yellow bell peppers
- ½ cup chopped onion
Fresh Fruit Salsa
- 1 whole piece of three of your favorite fruits (such as apple, mango and kiwi), peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 – 5 whole strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped cilantro (or ¼ cup chopped parsley)
- Drain the thawed potatoes on a paper-towel-lined cookie sheet; set aside
- Coat a large, nonstick skillet with plenty of cooking spray and warm skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook the eggs (or egg whites) until just cooked (but not overcooked), about 1 – 2 minutes. Flip skillet over on a clean cutting board, releasing cooked eggs. Cool eggs slightly and then cut into thin strips, approximately ¼-inch wide by 3-inches long; set aside.
- Spray skillet again well, and cook the potatoes over medium heat until golden, about 8 – 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Using a spatula, push the potatoes to one side of the skillet. Add the onions to the cleared portion of the skillet and cook them about 3 minutes. Push onions to the side with the potatoes and add the peppers; cook another 2 minutes, then stir cooked peppers, onions and potatoes together. Add egg strips and cook briefly to reheat
- Serve mixture immediately, with fresh fruit salsa
Fresh Fruit Salsa
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Serve alongside Crispy Southwest Home Fries.
Estimated Cost per Serving*: $1.00 * The Estimated Cost per Serving is a calculated estimate based on a national food average and assumes the preparer already has ingredients like salt, pepper, cooking oils, assorted spices/condiments and other traditional staples readily available in the home kitchen.