Datz Idaho® Potato Chips2311
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 5 pounds of Idaho® potatoes well washed and sliced thin
- As needed peanut oil for frying
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup freshly ground Tellicherry pepper
- Chopped green onion for garnishing
- 5 cups mayonnaise
- 3⅛ cup sour cream
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 8 ounces Point Reyes blue cheese well crumbled
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- To make blue cheese aioli, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, buttermilk, Point Reyes blue cheese, lemon juice, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, and mix with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Heat peanut oil to 300-325°F in a deep metal stockpot. There should be at least 6 inches of space between the top of the oil and the top of the pot.
- Combine sugar, kosher salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Stirring constantly, fry Idaho® potato slices in oil in batches until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Carefully remove chips from oil with a wire scoop, and gently shake off excess oil while still inside the pot. Immediately after frying, transfer hot chips to a large metal bowl and toss with the sugar/kosher salt/pepper mixture to taste.
- Transfer to serving dish, drizzle with blue cheese aioli, and sprinkle with green onions to garnish. Serve immediately.