French Idaho® Potato Casserole
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 cups Idaho® potatoes cut into ¼-inch cubes, about 4 pounds.
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 3 cups Canadian bacon, cooked & diced
- ¾ cup sallions, sliced
- 3 jalapeño peppers, seeded, finely chopped each
- 12 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- Grease a 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish with the olive oil.
- Arrange the potatoes evenly in the dish. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Stir the potatoes; sprinkle with cheese, bacon, scallions and jalapeño pepper.
- Mix the eggs, milk and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour over the potatoes.
- Cover the casserole and store in refrigerator overnight (if possible).
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 40-45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes to absord flavors. Serve with fresh fruit.