Fresh Gourmet Crispy Onion, Rosemary and Idaho® Mashed Potato Bites
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 24 mini phyllo dough shells
- 1 cup fresh gourmet crispy onion
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into ½ inch pieces
- ¾ cup of half and half
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 pieces crisp bacon, crumbled
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Salt and White Pepper to taste
- Rinse cut potatoes and place in pot with ½ inch of water covering the potato. Bring to a boil. Lightly salt water. Cook 10-12 minutes until fork tender. Drain.
- Combine half and half and fresh rosemary in small saucepan and heat through (do not boil.) Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mash potatoes along with half and half mixture and butter. Mix in bacon, parsley and parmesan. Add salt and white pepper to taste.
- Place potatoes in piping bag and fill phyllo dough cups. Place in a 375°F oven for 5-7 minutes until warm. Remove from oven and top with Fresh Gourmet crispy onions. Serve immediately.