Fried Mashed Potato Balls1915
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 6 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1½ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup real bacon cooked and diced
- 1½ cup dry-toasted panko breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- Place the mashed potatoes in a bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the egg whites, cheese, onions and bacon bits.
- Shape into 1-inch balls or put it a pastry bag and pipe into 3½inch sticks then roll in breadcrumbs. Let stand for 30 minutes in the freezer.
- In deep fat fryer set to 375°F, fry potato balls, a few at a time, for 2½ to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Serve warm.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with jalapeno pepper jelly