Fruity Idaho® Potato Breakfast Squares
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: 6 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 144 mg|
|Sodium 287 mg|
|Protein 12 g|
These potato-packed breakfast squares will “fill you up, not out!”
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 4 large (9 ounces each) Idaho® potatoes, baked and cooled to room temperature
- ½ cup mixed dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries, chopped apricots, etc.)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Butter a 7 x 11-inch baking pan. Peel the skin off the cooled potatoes and slice thinly.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Arrange half the sliced potatoes in the buttered pan. Cover potatoes evenly with the dried fruit. Top fruit layer with remaining potato slices.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a separate bowl and pour over potatoes. Place pan of potatoes in a large baking pan (such as a 13 x 9-inch pan) and carefully pour ½ inch of boiling water in the larger pan to create a water bath. Cover potatoes with foil and bake 40 minutes.
- Uncover potatoes and bake another 15 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven, cut into 6 squares and serve.
Estimated Cost per Serving*: 1.10 * The Estimated Cost per Serving is a calculated estimate based on a national food average and assumes the preparer already has ingredients like salt, pepper, cooking oils, assorted spices/condiments and other traditional staples readily available in the home kitchen.