Fully Loaded Baked Potato2275
Download Hi-Res Image »
Overflowing with the vibrant colors, flavors and textures of leeks, gai lan, red pepper, and roasted cauliflower, this nutritious loaded potato makes a perfect Meatless Monday or busy weeknight meal.
- 4 large Idaho® potatoes (about 8 ounces)
- 1 large leek, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 6 stalks gai lan, stems and leaves coarsely chopped (kale, spinach, beet greens, or chard can be substituted)
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 red pepper, seeded, cored, and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- 1½ teaspoon Mrs. Dash’s Zesty Lime
- Condiments: Gomasio (black and tan sesame seeds with sea salt), butter and sour cream, or Earth Balance and/or olive oil and pureed Silken Tofu for vegans.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash and scrub potatoes. Pierce in three places with a grill fork or knife. Place in oven and bake for about an hour and 15 minutes, depending on size. It’s not necessary to oil the potatoes or wrap them in foil.
- Wash and prepare all the vegetables. Mix 2 tablespoons olive oil, Mrs. Dash’s seasoning, and garlic in a small bowl. Place the cauliflower floret on a baking sheet and drizzle the oil mixture all over, use your clean hands to move the florets around and make sure they’re coated with oil. Put the baking pan with the cauliflower in the oven when there is about a half hour of baking time remaining.
- Remove the cauliflower after 30 minutes of baking. Cover with tin foil to keep warm. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the leeks, gai lan stems, and red pepper to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes. Then add the gai lan leaves and cook for about 3 minutes more. Remove from heat. Drizzle with lemon juice.
- After an hour, test the potatoes for doneness – they should be semi-soft, if they feel too firm they need more baking time.
- To serve the potatoes, cut a zig zag in the top and squeeze the potato by the ends to open up, fluff the insides with a fork. Have the sautéed vegetables and cauliflower in serving dishes and let everyone dress their own potatoes.