Garlic Fried Potatoes2168
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: 2 – 3 servings|
|Serving Size 243g|
|Amount per serving|
“Potatoes are the perfect field for flavors. This recipe showcases the garlic beautifully while still allowing for the pure enjoyment only an Idaho® Potato can provide.” -Jeannie Pierola
- 2 ounces butter, softened
- 1½ tablespoons garlic, minced
- canola oil
- 2 large Idaho potatoes (12 to 14 ounces each), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- black pepper
- Combine butter and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
- Using a large, heavy bottomed pot, fill halfway with oil and heat to 325°F. Blanch diced potatoes in oil until tender, but not browned, about 4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and transfer to a small sheet pan. Freeze or chill potatoes until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, reheat oil to 325°F and fry frozen or chilled potatoes until golden browned, about 3 minutes. Drain potatoes on paper towels, and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of the softened garlic-butter, tossing to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.