Garlic Mashed Idaho® Potatoes2349
Download Hi-Res Image »
Photo courtesy of Laura Kurella, LauraKurella.com
- 1 to 3 whole garlic heads
- ½ to 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- 4 pounds Idaho® potatoes
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ⅔ cup milk
- For roasted garlic, cut off garlic heads to expose the cloves. Drizzle ½ tablespoon olive oil over each head and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Add ½ inch water to a pan, and place garlic in it. Bring to a boil on top of stove, then place in oven for 45 minutes. Cool and push through a sieve.
- Peel potatoes and cook covered in water until they can be broken apart with a fork.
- Mash potatoes and add all ingredients, including heads of roasted garlic. Combine well. Serve with butter, or gravy.