Green Olive Dipping Sauce2177
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: Approximately 8 2-tablespoon servings|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 162 mg|
|Protein 1 g|
- 2 tablespoons dry-roasted sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup pitted green olives (not pimento-stuffed), drained
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2½ tablespoons good quality olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- ¼ teaspoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- ¾ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- In a small food processor, process the sunflower seeds until very fine. Remove 1½ teaspoons of the processed seeds and place in a small bowl, save the remainder for another use. Clean the bowl of the food processor. Add the olives and process until pureed.
- To the olives in the processor, add back the 1½ teaspoons sunflower seeds and all the remaining ingredients except the mayonnaise. Process well to fully combine.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the olive mixture and the mayonnaise until well blended. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve at room temperature.