Grouper in Potato Crust1209
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: 12 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 109 mg|
|Sodium 143 mg|
|Protein 35.3 g|
- 4 Idaho Potatoes (90 count)
- 12 filets Black grouper filets 4½ lbs.
- 6 T Flour to dust
- 2 large Egg wash
- ¼ c Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c White wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 t Fresh chopped garlic
- Juice of one fresh lemon
- 4 T Butter
- Tip: Substitute sea bass, black sea bass, scamp or brill for grouper. Omit butter or use margarine or olive oil for a lighter version.
- Peel and shred Idaho Potatoes, rinse three times in cold water, squeeze dry in cloth towels.
- Air dry in convection oven 150°-200°F. Be sure to rotate pan and mix potatoes while drying. (Do not brown)
- Pulse in food-processor two times to break up pieces.
- Coat grouper with flour, egg wash and dried potatoes.
- Sauté in olive oil until lightly browned on one side, turn over, then place in 450°F oven until desired doneness.
- Remove the excess oil, add white wine. Reduce by half. Add salt, pepper, garlic and lemon juice. Whisk in butter and drizzle over fish.