Idaho® Potato and Chicken Stir Fry1075
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 6 tablespoons salad oil
- 6 ounces Idaho® potato (peeled and sliced 3-inches long by 1-inch wide by 3/8-inch thick)
- 12 ounces Marinated Chicken (Recipe follows)
- 2 ounces red bell pepper, diced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground garlic
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken (washed, drained well and diced into ½-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon egg, lightly beaten
- 1½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil in a wok until hot. Fry potatoes until cooked through and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to paper towels, drain well and set aside.
- Heat a clean wok for 10 seconds. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of salad oil into wok and heat oil to 250ºF.
- Add chicken to wok. Stir quickly, separating meat and cook until well done, about 6 to 7 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Reheat wok for 5 seconds. Add bell pepper, ginger and garlic to heated wok. Stir several times.
- Add reserved chicken, water, soy sauce, cooking wine and cornstarch mix; stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add fried potato. Stir and fold several times.
- Add green onion and sesame oil. Continue stirring and folding until ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Serve immediately.
- Combine chicken and water, mixing well. Add salt and egg. Mix again. Thoroughly stir in cornstarch and salad oil, and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour before use.