Idaho® Potato and Kielbasa Soup
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: 6 – 8 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 38 mg|
|Sodium 558 mg|
|Protein 19 g|
- 12 ounces light or turkey kielbasa, chopped
- 2 pounds Idaho Potatoes, scrubbed and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups low-salt beef or chicken broth
- 10-ounce package frozen peas, thawed
- Optional garnish:
- ½ cup minced chives, green onions or fresh parsley
- In a large stockpot, over medium-high heat, sauté kielbasa until lightly browned; remove from pot and drain on paper towels. Pour off fat and return pot to stove.
- To the pot, add potatoes, bay leaf and broth. Bring mixture to boiling, then reduce heat to medium and simmer 8 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through. Remove bay leaf from pot and discard.
- Working in batches, use a slotted spoon to lift potatoes out of broth and puree until smooth in blender or food processor. As each is pureed, whisk each batch back into the broth.
- Return kielbasa to the pot, add peas and simmer 5 minutes until heated through. Ladle into bowls, garnish if desired, and serve.
Nutritional information based upon 6 servings