Idaho® Potato and Sonoma Foie Gras Pizza1350
Download Hi-Res Image »
This recipe is presented at special events at California Café and is a personal favorite of Chef Steven Vranian for home enjoyment.
Dough ( 8 oz.):
- 3 fl. oz. Warm water
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 4 oz. all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1, #50 ct. (16 oz.) Idaho® Potatoes, washed, peeled, sliced thin
- Olive oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Black pepper as needed
- Corn meal as needed
- 2 oz. Foie gras
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley/chervil sprigs, washed, picked
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Dissolve yeast in 2 tablespoons water; add approximately ¼ cup flour and mix to form stiff sponge. Allow to proof about 15 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup water, olive oil, salt and remaining flour. Mix into dough; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Add more flour, if necessary, to keep dough from sticking.
- Place in oiled bowl and lightly rub with olive oil to prevent crusting. Cover; place in a warm spot. Let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch down and let rise another 30 minutes.
- Toss potato slices in olive oil, salt and black pepper. Scatter corn meal on pizza stone or paddle. Roll and stretch dough into 12″ diameter. Place on paddle or stone.
- Overlap potato slices on dough; bake in 500°F oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove; scatter foie gras on top and return to oven until crust is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish hot pizza with parsley, chervil and chives; drizzle with truffle oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Cut into wedges.
- Note: The fresh Idaho® Potato in this recipe can be replaced with frozen ¼-inch sliced potatoes, frozen hash browns or frozen shredded potato product.
Yield: 1, 12