Idaho® Potato, Broccoli and Fennel Salad1047
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: 14- 1 cup servings|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 10 mg|
|Sodium 350 g|
|Protein 5 g|
- 8 large Idaho Potatoes (about 4 pounds), well scrubbed, cut into ¾-inch chunks
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped broccoli (about 1 bunch)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) favorite ranch salad dressing
- 3 cups chopped fennel (about one large bulb), with core and tops removed
- 1 large red onion, quartered and very thinly sliced (about 1½ cups)
- ½ cup diced green olives with pimento (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- leaf lettuce and cherry tomatoes or sliced tomatoes for garish
- Fill a large stockpot half full of water, add salt and bring to boiling over high heat. Add potatoes and bring back to boiling over high heat; reduce heat to medium and boil 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli to the potatoes and bring back to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium again, and cook until desired doneness (1 – 3 minutes). Potatoes and broccoli should both be firm. Drain well in a colander.
- Transfer potatoes and broccoli to a large mixing bowl, add ranch dressing and let cool. Stir in fennel, onions, and olives, if using. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve on a bed of leaf lettuce, with ripe tomatoes as a garnish.