Idaho® Potato Broccoli Soup
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: 8 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 12 mg|
|Sodium 915 mg|
|Protein 7 g|
Prepared with pantry staples, this quick and easy soup takes just minutes from stove to tabletop.
- 4 14-ounce cans broth (chicken, vegetable, beef or a combination)
- 3 cups Idaho® potato flakes or buds
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup powdered milk (optional)
- 20-ounce package frozen, chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- Chopped parsley, chopped scallion or chives, broccoli florets (optional garnishes)
- In a large stockpot, over medium-high heat, bring broth to boiling. Remove from heat and stir in the potato flakes, garlic powder and dried milk, if desired. Allow mixture to sit while preparing broccoli.
- Prepare frozen broccoli according to package directions.
- Stir the broccoli into the potato mixture. Heat soup over medium heat until hot. If desired, just before serving, stir in lemon juice. Garnish each bowl of soup, if desired.