Idaho® Potato Canapé with Baja Crab Salad
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 4 oz vegetable oil
- 2 Idaho® Russet potatoes
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 8 oz lump crab meat, drained
- 1 oz red pepper (1/4 dice)
- 1 oz yellow pepper (1/4 dice)
- 2 oz red onion (1/4 dice)
- 1 oz tomato (1/4 dice)
- ½ jalapeño (1/4 dice)
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Hot peppers (as needed for garnish)
- Wash potatoes and slice in ¼ inch slices. Use the larger middle slices and reserve the end for another use. You will need 16 nice middle slices. Dry potato slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat sauté pan with oil over medium high heat and pan fry potatoes until golden brown, flip the potato slices over and brown the other side (about 6-7 minutes per side).
- Remove potato slices from pan and place in a sheet pan lined with 2 paper towels. Place the remaining 2 paper towels on top of the potatoes to absorb any oil.
- Place potatoes in the cooler, until further use.
- Mix all remaining ingredients gently in a bowl and place in cooler for at least 1 hour.
- Re-mix the ingredients in a bowl, as some of the liquid has drained to the bottom of the bowl.
- Place 1 oz of crab salad on each of the 16 potato canapés (the crab salad recipe makes 1 pound).
- Place canapés on a tray and garnish with cilantro and hot peppers.
- Serve and enjoy.