Idaho® Potato Cannelloni1351
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 3-4 extra large Idaho potatoes
- clarified butter
- 36 medium-sized sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon each minced chives and shallots
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 oz. large spinach leaves, cleaned
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes peeled, seeded and diced small
- 2 tablespoons fennel, diced small
- 1 tablespoon each red onion and celery hearts, diced small
- 2 leaves basil, julienned
- Yellow celery leaves, 3-4 on each plate
- Fennel fronds, 3-4 on each plate
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of two lemons
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Peel potatoes; using a mandolin or vegetable sheeter, cut into 12 very thin 5″ square sheets. Brush with clarified butter; place on baking sheet. Parbake for 4 to 5 minutes. Reserve.
Filling. Toss scallops with minced chives, shallots and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay spinach leaves on potato sheets, covering across the width from the bottom half way to the top. Place three scallops on each, lined up across the bottom.
- Roll tightly into cannelloni. Repeat with remaining potato sheets.
- Heat clarified butter n a non-stick pan; add cannelloni and brown on all sides.
- Place three cannelloni on four plates; garnish with vegetable mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.