Idaho® Potato & Crab Souffle1255
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 1 cup Cooked crabmeat
- ¼ cut brunoise cut Sweet bell peppers
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Ginger, minced
- ¼ cup Onions, caramelized and chopped
- 1 Tbsp Thai chile sambal
- 2 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 8 oz Mashed Idaho russet potatoes*
- 3 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp Heavy cream
- 2 Egg yolks
- 2 Egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- * use fresh or processed Idaho® Potatoes
- Crab Filling: Place crab in a bowl. Sauté remaining ingredients until peppers are slightly wilted (about 5 minutes). Add to crab meat and allow to cool.
- Potato Soufflé: Mix all ingredients together until smooth, being careful not to over mix, which will deflate egg whites. Gently add crab mixture to potato soufflé.
- Assembly: Divide soufflé mixture among 6 well-buttered 3-oz ramekins. Cover with potato batter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes.
- Plate: Unmold each soufflé onto an appetizer-sized plate. Can be served with a roasted red pepper and chili-oil mayonnaise.