Idaho® Potato, Cucumber and Dill Salad
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|Sodium 285 mg|
|Protein 4 g|
Perfect for a picnic, this refreshing salad will not spoil in the hot summer sun. Leave the vitamin-rich skins on these thinly sliced spuds for a bit of extra texture and taste.
- 3 large Idaho® potatoes, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup canola or vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped fresh dill, or 1 tablespoon dried whole dillweed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large cucumber, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- Place potato slices in a 9-inch square microwave-safe baking dish; cover with microwaveable plastic wrap and microwave at HIGH 9 to 11 minutes, or until tender stirring gently every 3 minutes.
- Combine vinegar, mustard, oil, dill and salt in a small jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously. Pour vinegar mixture over potatoes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Gently mix in sliced cucumber before serving.
Estimated Cost per Serving*: .90 * The Estimated Cost per Serving is a calculated estimate based on a national food average and assumes the preparer already has ingredients like salt, pepper, cooking oils, assorted spices/condiments and other traditional staples readily available in the home kitchen.