Idaho® Potato Enchiladas with Cilantro Crema
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 1-1/2 lb. Idaho russet potatoes, diced, peeled and blanched
- 2 oz. Red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 2 oz. Yellow bell peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 2 oz. Poblano chilies, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1-1/2 oz. Baby spinach, rough chopped
- ½ oz. Epazote, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Puree of chipotle chilies in abobo sauce
- 6 oz. White onions, grilled and diced
- ¾ cup Cilantro, chopped
- 4 oz. Leeks, sautéed and chopped
- 8 oz. Tomatoes, blackened and chopped
- Green Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
Cilantro Crema Ingredients:
- ¾ cup Olive oil
- 20 oz. White onions, sliced
- 4 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 cup White wine
- ¾ cup Flour
- 1 Qt Vegetable stock
- 1 Qt Whipping cream
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 2 cups White cheddar, grated
- Process each of the vegetable ingredients separately, and then toss together.
- Season to taste with the Tabasco, salt and pepper. Store refrigerated until needed.
Cilantro Crema Preparation:
- Sweat the onions and garlic until tender with the olive oil, making sure not to color the sides of the pan. Deglaze with the white wine and reduce until almost dry. Stir in the flour a little at a time allowing the flour to be absorbed with out clumping. Slowly stir in the vegetable stock evenly dissolving the mixture. Add the cream and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Let simmer slowly for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until reduced by 25-percent. Strain the sauce. Add white cheddar and stir until the cheese is melted in the sauce.
- To Assemble: Soften one or two white corn tortillas in hot oil, depending on how many you plan to serve with your beef. Place a #24 scoop (2 oz. wt.) of filling mixture in the middle.