Idaho® Potato Pizza
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: 1 pizza|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 20 mg|
|Sodium 722 mg|
|Protein 20 g|
- 2 large Idaho Potatoes, scrubbed and cut into small cubes
- 1 pound frozen pizza or bread dough, thawed
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup pizza or marinara sauce
- 8-ounce package shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Topping Options:
- 18 slices pepperoni
- ½ cup diced or shaved ham
- ½ cup diced sweet pepper
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- Set oven rack to lowest position, preheat oven to 475° F degrees. (Oven should be clean to prevent smoking at high temperatures.)
- Fill a small saucepan halfway with water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 6 minutes or until tender. Drain well and set aside.
- With floured hands, on a floured counter or board, pinch and pat dough from the center to outside to make a 12 – 14-inch circle. Spray pizza pan with cooking spray. Place dough circle on prepared pan, pressing the edges of dough onto the lip of the pan.
- Evenly distribute potatoes and marinara sauce over the dough; top with cheese and optional ingredients, if desired. Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is puffed and brown and cheese is completely melted. Cut into wedges.