Idaho® Potato “Plank” Bruschetta1878
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: 8 servings (2 planks per appetizer-sized serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 5 mg|
|Sodium 310 mg|
|Protein 5 g|
- 4 medium Idaho® potatoes, skin on
- 1½ quarts water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 (16-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 8 pitted kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 1½ ounces (1/3 cup) crumbled reduced fat or regular feta cheese
- Slightly trim opposite sides of potatoes; cut each potato lengthwise into fourths, creating four flat ovals or “planks.”
- In a large pot, bring water and salt to a boil. Add potatoes and return to a boil then reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove potatoes to a paper towel-lined platter.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Cook half the potatoes 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until light golden; set aside on serving platter. Repeat with remaining oil and potatoes.
- In a small bowl, roughly mash beans with a fork. Add pesto and stir until well blended. Spread equal amounts of pesto mixture on top of each potato slice. Sprinkle evenly with remaining ingredients.