Idaho® Potato Poutine2103
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 2 each Idaho® potatoes – cut into French fries
- 1 cup cheddar cheese curd
- 1 cup Makers 46 Bourbon
- 3 cups veal stock
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a deep fryer cook the fries until crunchy. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a sauce pan bring the Makers 46 to a simmer and flambé. Add veal stock (may substitute with veal demi-glace) and reduce to 1 cup. Add the cream and butter and whisk to get a rich creamy texture. Season the sauce with cracked fresh black pepper. Check the seasonings and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Place fries in a serving dish. Crumble cheese curds over the fries. Pour the sauce on at the last minute before serving to keep the textures of the fries. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.