Idaho® Potato Salad Nicoise
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 5 lbs. Idaho Potatoes, peeled
- 3 medium red onions
- 2 ea. red and green bell peppers, yellow Holland peppers
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 3 tbsp. thyme and oregano
- 2-1/2 cups vinaigrette dressing*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil and dice potatoes into ½ inch cubes. Julienne onions. Core, seed and julienne peppers. Core and cut tomatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Wash basil and leave whole. Toss all above ingredients with thyme, oregano and dressing. (Potatoes will absorb flavors best when still hot.)
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve on your favorite greens.
- Suggested pairing: Barbecued chicken
Note: This recipe was one of the winners in a contest sponsored by the Association for Dressings &amp; Sauces and several partners, including the Idaho Potato Commission. Ingredient listing specified Ken’s Red Wind Vinegar Dressing.