Idaho® Potato Salad with Peppers & Onions2328
Download Hi-Res Image »
Photo courtesy of Danelle McCollum, LetsDishRecipes.com (contest photo winner)
- 4 Medium Idaho potatoes, peeled
- ¾ cup Mustard Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- 1 Medium yellow or orange pepper
- 1 Medium onion
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp Mustard, with 1 Tbsp water
- ½ cup Vinegar
- 2 cups Olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water. Cut the pepper into thin 2-inch strips. Cut the onion into thin slices. Slice the warm boiled potatoes into a salad bowl, scatter the sliced peppers and onions over them and pour on about ½ cup of the vinaigrette.
- Using your hands, gently mix the salad until each potato slice is coated with vinaigrette and the onions and peppers are well distributed.
- Taste the salad and season it with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Let the salad stand at least an hour. Before serving, taste the salad again and add vinaigrette to taste.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl EXCEPT oil and whisk until frothy.
- Whip mixture continuously as a steady stream of oil is added to the mixture. Whisk until all oil is incorporated.
- Season to taste.