Idaho® Potato Sausage and Egg Gratin1940
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 2 pounds Idaho® potatoes, steamed, cut into 1 “dice, cooled
- 2 pounds fresh spinach, steamed, squeezed very dry
- 3 cups red onions, diced ¼ inch
- 4 cups roasted red peppers, diced ½”
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage cooked, drained
- 12 each eggs
- 1½ quarts heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Dash nutmeg
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan
- ⅛ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Gulden’s Brown Mustard
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Heat the olive oil on a hot griddle, add the red onions and cook until tender.
- Add the potatoes, and cook until lightly brown.
- Add the roasted red peppers, and drained spinach, and cooked drained sausage, season to taste with salt and pepper, mix well, remove from heat, reserve.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add the remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Spray a 2″ hotel pan with food release spray. Place the potato mixture inside the pan, and pour the egg mixture over top, spreading out until evenly dispersed.
- Bake at 325°, until the gratin is set, approx. 1 hour. Serve.