Idaho® Potato Soufflé Casserole1308
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 24 about 8 lbs Idaho® potatoes (8-10 oz) peeled & cut into chunks
- 3 cups half-and-half or evaporated milk, heated
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups low fat yogurt or light sour cream
- ½ cup* fresh minced parsley
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 cloves fresh minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- 6 eggs, separated
- * Or use 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Steam potatoes until very tender. Drain and mash.
- Beat in heated half-and-half gradually. Add Parmesan cheese, yogurt, parsley, Tabasco sauce, garlic, salt and egg yolks. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into potato mixture.
- Pour into ungreased shallow ½ pan. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F, in conventional oven or 350 degrees F in convection oven until golden brown – about 50 minutes.