Idaho® Potato Spinach Balls
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: 2 Dozen|
|Serving Size 2 spinach balls per serving|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 22 mg|
|Sodium 42 mg|
|Protein 3 g|
- 4 Idaho® potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoons nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Lightly brush a baking tray with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the potatoes, spinach and eggs. Beat with mixer until well-blended. Season with nutmeg and cayenne pepper. Add the cheese and 4 tablespoons of the flour. Stir until flour is well-blended.
- Spread the remaining flour onto a glass plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Using two teaspoons, form the spinach mixture into 1-inch balls. Drop the spinach balls onto the flour-covered plate. Roll balls in the flour to coat and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the tray in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Remove balls from the refrigerator; spray them lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch. serve plain, or sprinkle balls with lemon juice.