Idaho® Potato Torta1080
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: 8 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 160 mg|
|Sodium 318 mg|
|Protein 6 g|
Serve a wedge of Idaho® Potato Torta with a fresh arugula salad for lunch or a light supper.
- 3 cups Idaho® potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/8-inch cubes
- 1½ cups Vidalia onions, cut into 3/8-inch cubes
- 4 – 5 cups olive oil (preferably extra virgin)
- 6 large eggs, well beaten
- 1½ tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Manchego cheese (optional)
- Cover potatoes and onion with olive oil in heavy-bottom saucepot. Simmer on stovetop over medium to medium-high heat until potatoes are just tender, about 8 minutes. Occasionally, stir carefully to prevent potatoes from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Drain and reserve 2 tablespoons oil. Mix potatoes and onion with eggs, parsley, salt and pepper. Preheat 10-inch nonstick saucepan on stovetop with reserved olive oil on medium heat. Pour in potatoes, onion and egg mixture, smoothing out mixture with a rubber spatula. Gently shake pan, using rubber spatula to keep mixture from sticking to sides, until eggs begin to set (approximately 5 minutes), being careful not to brown eggs.
- Place pan in 300° F preheated oven until mixture is completely set (12 – 15 minutes). Be careful not to overcook, as torta will be rubbery with overcooking. Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes and carefully invert onto plate or cake circle. Cool to room temperature and slice.
- Serve with shaved Manchego cheese.
Estimated Cost per Serving*: $1.75 * The Estimated Cost per Serving is a calculated estimate based on a national food average and assumes the preparer already has ingredients like salt, pepper, cooking oils, assorted spices/condiments and other traditional staples readily available in the home kitchen.