Kristin Armstrong’s Parmesan Idaho® Potato Crisps
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 8 mg|
|Sodium 251 mg|
|Protein 7 g|
Gold medal cyclist, Kristin Armstrong, eats Idaho® potatoes to keep her fueled during her strenuous training regime and when she’s competing for the Gold!
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 Idaho potatoes (8-10 oz. each), scrubbed well
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and then cut each half into ¼-inch half moon slices. Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil, black pepper and salt to potatoes and mix well until evenly coated with seasonings. Place potatoes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. It is OK for the potatoes to be touching but they should not overlap.
- Evenly sprinkle Parmesan over the potatoes and bake for 22 – 24 minutes, until the cheese is golden and potatoes are crispy.
- To serve, lift potatoes with a spatula and transfer to a serving dish, or cool and serve as a room temperature snack.