Leg of Lamb with Sauteed Potato1280
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 5 pounds De-boned leg of lamb meat (8 ounce portions), marinated in 3 T chopped garlic, 2 T chopped rosemary & thyme, 2 T olive oil.
- 4 Russet Potatoes – Cooked skin on, then peeled & crumbled.
- 1 Spanish onion -diced
- 1 pound Spinach – washed and dried
- 3 T Feta cheese, crumbled
- To taste Salt and pepper
- 1 T Unsalted butter
- 1 T Garlic, crushed
- 12 ounces Red wine sauce, or your favorite meat sauce
- 1 bunch Watercress
- 1 T Salad dressing of your choice (or oil & vinegar)
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper. Grill or roast until internal temperature of 135°F – Medium rare. Hold/Rest Sauté the onion, potato, spinach and garlic in the butter until spinach is soft and wilted. Season to taste. Turn off the heat. Add the feta cheese. This mixture will be semi dry. Cool. Shape the potato mixture in the shape of small disks, silver dollar pancakes. Make sure the cakes are firm. Reheat to 350°F oven when ready to serve. Use the watercress as a garnish. Slice the lamb evenly on top of the potato feta lake. Sauce the plate and dress the watercress