Lobster Stuffed Idaho® Potatoes
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 3 Idaho potatoes, 40-count
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ lb unsalted butter, reserve 1 tablespoon
- 4 oz mild white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 lb fresh lobster meat, reserve ½ cup
- ½ cup fresh chives, chopped
- To taste salt and pepper
- Roast whole potatoes in a 400°F oven until fork tender, approximately 40 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Cut in half width-wise, hollow out and reserve cooked potato.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cooked potato, heavy cream, butter, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mash together all ingredients.
- Fold in fresh lobster meat and chives, reserving the ½ cup of fresh meat.
- Stuff the lobster mixture back into the potatoes, cover and heat at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- In sauté pan, heat reserved lobster meat with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Remove potatoes from oven.
- While still hot, top with warmed lobster meat.
- Serve immediately.