Low-Fat Idaho® Potato Gratin1101
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: 12 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 11 mg|
|Sodium 368 mg|
|Protein 13 g|
Enjoy this low-fat gratin with tremendous pleasure and absolutely NO guilt!
- Cooking spray
- 2 – 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2½ – 3 pounds Idaho® potatoes (8 – 10 medium – sized potatoes) well scrubbed, very thinly sliced
- 8 ounces shredded 75% light cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup nonfat mayonnaise
- ¾ cup nonfat evaporated milk
- 1½ teaspoons dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 8 -10 ounce zucchini, washed and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or 2 tablespoons packaged grated Parmesan)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray, sprinkle in garlic and arrange half of the potatoes in the dish. Evenly add ½ the cheddar.
- In a small bowl, mix the nonfat mayonnaise, evaporated milk, white pepper and thyme. Spoon half of this mixture over cheese. Cover with the sliced zucchini. Sprinkle on remaining cheddar cheese, and spoon remaining milk mixture on top of cheese.
- Arrange remaining potato slices on top and sprinkle Parmesan over all. Cover tightly with foil and bake 50 minutes.
- Uncover and broil 6 inches from heat source 4 – 6 minutes or until golden. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Estimated Cost per Serving*: 1.00 * The Estimated Cost per Serving is a calculated estimate based on a national food average and assumes the preparer already has ingredients like salt, pepper, cooking oils, assorted spices/condiments and other traditional staples readily available in the home kitchen.