New England Clam Bake Cakes with All-American Idaho® Potato Relish
Download Hi-Res Image »
New England Clam Bake Cakes
- 3 Idaho® Purple Peruvian potatoes
- 3 Idaho® Huckleberry potatoes
- 3 Idaho® Ruby Cresent potatoes
- 1 lb butter
- 5 lbs lobster slipper meat – fresh
- 14 or 16 oz can diced clams
- 2½ lb panko bread crumbs
- 32 oz can corn kernels – drained
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ red onion, diced small
- Smoked sea salt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- 1 teaspoon capers
Clam Bake Cakes
- Sauté ½ lb butter and shallots.
- Roughly chop lobster slipper meat to ensure uniform size pieces. Add lobster meat and sauté until almost cooked through. Take off heat and add clams.
- Dice all potatoes into ¼-inch pieces – skin on. Blanch until almost tender. Drain potatoes and place evenly on sheet tray along with the corn and toss in oil. Roast in oven until slightly caramelized. Remove to cool.
- Mix together ingredients for Provencal Mayo in blender.
- Mix together in large bowl shallots, lobster, clams, ½ of the roasted potatoes, ½ of the corn, Provencal mayo, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, eggs, seasonings to taste, ⅓ of the panko bread crumbs.
- Patty mixture to 1# in diameter and 1# thick. Coat with panko bread crumbs. Sauté in equal parts butter and vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Idaho Potato Relish
- Toss together remaining roasted potatoes, corn, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and diced red onion. Season with smoked sea salt and pepper. Spoon Potato Relish over Cakes.
- Cut squares of clean burlap. Place dried seaweed on top of burlap in oval or square bowl. Place cakes with relish on top of seaweed.