Number One Potato Place Rolls
Download Hi-Res Image »
- ¼ cup warm water (110° F to 115° F)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup Instant Mashed Idaho Potatoes (dry flakes)
- ¾ cup warm milk (scalded and cooled to lukewarm)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- Place warm water and sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle yeast on top and let sit for 10 minutes. Sift together flour and salt; mix in potato flakes.
- In a mixer bowl, combine yeast mixture, warm milk, butter and egg. Slowly beat in potato-flour mixture, one half cup at a time, until a soft dough is formed. If dough is sticky, add more flour, 2 tablespoons at a time until dough pulls away from sides of bowl and is easy to handle. Place in a greased bowl and brush with melted butter. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Turn out on a lightly floured board and roll ½ inch thick. Cut into 2 inch rounds with a floured biscuit cutter. Place on greased baking sheets and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve warm.