Oyster and Idaho® Potato Bisque with Madras Curry and Caviar Potato Chips
Download Hi-Res Image »
- 32 ea oysters, shucked, reserve liquid
- 1 qt fish stock
- 1 (750m1) dry white wine
- 4 ea shallots
- 3 ea ripe celery
- 1 bunch chives
- 10 sprigs parsley
- 10 sprigs cilantro
- ¾ lb butter
- 2 qts water
- 3 ea small Idaho potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- 1 qt frying oil
- 1 ea Idaho potato
- 2 oz Osetra caviar
- Peel and dice the potatoes, store in cold water.
- Brunoise (1/8″ X ⅛” X ⅛”) the shallots
- Cut the chives ¾” long
- Dice the celery
- Bring the fish stock to a boil, add the potatoes, cook until tender.
- Sweat the shallots and celery in ⅛ lb butter and add the wine reduce by ½ add the parsley and cilantro.
- Toast the curry and saffron in a dry pan, 15 seconds.
- Add the spices to the vegetables.
- Add the potatoes and fish stock.
- Add 24 of the oysters and the liquid.
- Puree at high speed strain and season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Garnish with 1 oyster per bowl and top with the caviar chips and chives.
- Peel the potatoes to 1¼” Diameter.
- Slice on the mandolin waffle cut.
- Heat the oil to 300 F.
- Fry the chips crisp.
- Top with caviar and chives.