Pigs in Idaho® Potato Blankets1020
Download Hi-Res Image »
|Makes: 6 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|Cholesterol 55 g|
|Sodium 1158 mg|
|Protein 12 g|
- 3 cups prepared mashed Idaho® potatoes
- (made from Idaho® potato flakes or from fresh potatoes)
- 6 links (about 18 ounces) cooked turkey bratwurst
- ½ cup sauerkraut
- Mustard to taste
- Breadcrumbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Cover a clean work surface with an 8-inch-long piece of waxed paper. Pat ½ cup mashed potatoes into a 4 x 6-inch rectangle on top of the waxed paper. Place one bratwurst across the 4-inch side of the potato rectangle so that the ends hang over the edge of the potatoes.
- Using a spoon, place 1 tablespoon sauerkraut along the bratwurst. Drizzle mustard along the bratwurst, to taste.
- Gently pick up the waxed paper, using it to help roll the potato over the bratwurst to enclose it completely in potatoes. Gently transfer to a baking sheet and pat the seam closed. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, if desired. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Estimated Cost per Serving*: 1.00 *The Estimated Cost per Serving is a calculated estimate based on a national food average and assumes the preparer already has ingredients like salt, pepper, cooking oils, assorted spices/condiments and other traditional staples readily available in the home kitchen.