Download Hi-Res Image »
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 3 lb. Idaho® potatoes, peeled, cooked and riced, hot
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. conventional/350°F. convection
- Beat together egg, yolks and butter; add 1 cup hot, riced potatoes to egg mixture and mix well to temper.
- Add tempered potato-egg mixture to remaining potatoes and mix well. Place potatoes (in batches) in a star-tipped pastry bag.
- Pipe rosettes (1/2 cup potatoes) on a lightly greased or parchmentlined sheetpan. Bake Duchess in 400°F. conventional oven 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.