Download Hi-Res Image »
- 2# potatoes, cooked in skin then peeled
- 16 oz flour
- 3 oz Parmigiano cheese, grated
- 5 eggs
- ½ teaspoon saffron threads with 4 oz water (boiled and reduced by halt)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz virgin olive oil
- 4 oz 36-40 shrimp (peeled, deveined & cut into 4 pieces each)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ½ tablespoons parsley, fresh chopped
- 4 oz white wine
- 4 oz shrimp stock
- 1 oz butter
- ¼ teaspoon dried chili flakes
- Peel potato and rice in a ricer or use food mill with small hole. Combine flour and pannigiano, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add riced potatoes, eggs and saffron water and mix until the ingredients are just combined (do not over-mix as mixture will become tough and gummy).
- Take ⅙ of gnocchi mixture and roll into a roll the size of a roll of dimes. Cut a gnocchi every ¾” with a sharp knife. Dimple the gnocchi slightly with your finger and place on a tray. Repeat the process until all the gnocchi mixture is gone.
- To cook, boil 6 quarts of water with salt and place gnocchi in water. When they float, remove and drain.
- Saute tomatoes and garlic in olive oil, salt and pepper for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and chili flakes and cook until the shrimp are almost done (1-2 minutes). Add wine, shrimp stock and parsley and reduced by half. When done, add butter. Toss in gnocchi and serve.